hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next week I would like to roll the first 0.98.0 RC
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 19:08:30 GMT
Do you need some help, Andy?

I can look at some of these.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org>
To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 2, 2014 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: Next week I would like to roll the first 0.98.0 RC

I have finished 50 runs of the unit test suite using JDK 6 and JDK 7 on
RHEL 6, Ubuntu 12, and Ubuntu 13. The combined results by JDK version are
as follows:

JDK 6 - Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_43-b01) HotSpot(TM)
64-Bit Server VM (build 20.14-b01, mixed mode)

Count Test

5 org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestSplitLogWorker

3 org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestIOFencing

2 org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.TestNamespaceCommands

1
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.TestRegionServerCoprocessorExceptionWithAbort

1 org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestNodeHealthCheckChore

1 org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.TestZKProcedure

1 org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestMultiParallel

JDK 7 - Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_21-b11) HotSpot(TM)
64-Bit Server VM (build 23.21-b01, mixed mode)

  Count Test

1 org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.TestNamespaceCommands

1 org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestSplitLogWorker

I opened HBASE-10267 for the TestNamespaceCommands failures and will work
on this since I bet it is related to recent changes I made in this area.

The TestSplitLogWorker failures were all under JDK 6 on Ubuntu 12. See
HBASE-10268.

I found five related issues for TestIOFencing failures: HBASE-8520,
HBASE-8646, HBASE-8889, HBASE-8907, and HBASE-9023. Therefore I am inclined
to disable this test on 0.98 branch for us to sort out on trunk later since
it's taking a while to get it right.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy