hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Liochon <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forked large unit tests seem slow to terminate
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:15:35 GMT
> I wonder if there is anything that can be done to wait for the forked
process to actually terminate?
As far as I know, no. We could be hacky, and, in the afterClass, start a
deamon thread that will do a kill -9 after a few seconds. Or something
similar, but that's very hacky imho.

> Is this a Surefire bug?
I don't think so, even if surefire has its share of bugs.
The issue could be in HBase itself: surefire execute the "afterClass"
method, this method does finish, but HBase then gets stuck in the shutdown
hooks.