hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANNOUNCE: hbase-0.96.1.1 available for download.
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 19:40:19 GMT
I was also a bit puzzled by this.

It seems that John did use the tag 0.96.1 as a branch to put the commits on
top to create another tag. I think in svn there is no difference between
tags and branches (just convention), but I though we should not have
changed the tag (0.96.1). Did not check whether svn-git integration did the
right thing while picking up this tag.
Should we have created a branch named 0.96.1, do the commits there, and do
the tag from there. Just trying to understand for future processes.

Enis