hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Elliott Clark <ecl...@apache.org>
Subject Integration Test Slow Down
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 22:52:47 GMT
So I went and checked on the run times of Cloudera's internal integration
test jenkins runs, and I noticed that recently the
IntegrationTestBigLinkedList runs started running much slower.

With the slow monkey:
5 hr 58 min -> 11 hr

With the calm monkey:
4 hr 36 min -> 6 hr 24 min

IntegrationTestBulkLoad also has a slow down but it's much less dramatic

22 min -> 26 min

This slow down doesn't seem to manifest itself with TestLoadAndVerify at
all.  But it has been pretty consistent since the build containing the
following commits:

Changes
HBASE-9949 Fix the race condition between Compaction and StoreScanner.init
HBASE-9949 Addendum removes readpoint parameter for getScanner()
HBASE-9949 Revert due to TestHRegion failure
HBASE-9869 Optimize HConnectionManager#getCachedLocation
HBASE-9983 Lower the memory footprint of HRegionLocation
HBASE-9869 Optimize HConnectionManager#getCachedLocation - remove
SoftValueSortedMap

To me the first three commits look like they cancel each so that leaves the
last three commits as the most likely culprits.  Does anyone have a thought
on whey these would be causing problems with ITBLL ?