hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Date Sun, 29 Dec 2013 23:59:41 GMT
Next week I would like to roll the first 0.98.0 RC. Let's see.

Some remaining work needs committing. Then, will work up a Google Docs
spreadsheet for package checks, unit test suite runs, and cluster testing
with hbase-it, LoadTestTool, and YCSB, and fill it in.

The unit test suite is looking "ok". There are occasional failures on
builds.apache.org, but these may have system load as the underlying cause.
Unit test suite runs on more well endowed EC2 VMs are passing consistently.
Let me add the caveat that I have so far not completed running through the
full VM-OS matrix:

VM:

   - Oracle JDK 6
      - Oracle JDK 7
      - OpenJDK 7
      - OpenJDK 8*

OS (unit tests):

   - Amazon Linux
      - RHEL 6.4
      - Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS
      - Ubuntu Server 13

OS (cluster);

   - Amazon Linux
      - RHEL 6.5

If I identify repeatable test failures under a particular combination, then
I'll open a blocker JIRA for it. Regarding failures on builds.apache.org,
if there are JIRAs filed for these we should certainly take a look but I
suggest (and personally will be inclined to) weighting more highly evidence
gathered from testing elsewhere.

* - Java 8 tests are just for my own curiosity. Actually, you may be
pleasantly surprised to know that all unit tests for HBase 0.98 and trunk
were consistently passing on a Java 8 build a few weeks ago.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)