hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Forked large unit tests seem slow to terminate
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 00:26:18 GMT
We eventually have no zombies, at least the zombie detector does not find
anything, but meanwhile on memory limited EC2 instances I'm seeing tests
killed by the OOM killer, very likely meaning that previous tests are still
in the process of shutting down and are hanging around in the process
table, consuming RAM, VMM, etc. I didn't see this before the switch to
Hadoop 2 as default. I'm not suggesting we switch back. I wonder if there
is anything that can be done to wait for the forked process to actually
terminate? Is this a Surefire bug?

--
Best regards,

   - Andy