hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject HBASE-6104
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2013 05:00:37 GMT
HBASE-6104 introduced a feature developed and tested with JDK 7. Subsequent
to review and commit, two builds on ASF Jenkins began failing, the 0.98 on
Hadoop 1.1 build, and the trunk build. After chasing a red herring that
looked like a test only failure for a bit it seems the problem was deeper
and manifested on JDK 6. I have reverted the change, unscheduled the
feature from 0.98, and may return to it some time in the future after the
sting wears off. In the meantime, I have two suggestions:

1. We should set all of the primary builds like trunk and 0.98 on Hadoop
1.1 to use JDK 7, like the other builds. The inconsistent use of JDK/JRE
version will be an occasional source of confusion.

2. We should explicitly set up jobs that use JDK/JRE 6 and name them as
such.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy