hbase-dev mailing list archives

From rajeshbabu chintaguntla <rajeshbabu.chintagun...@huawei.com>
Subject default configuration of loadColumnFamiliesOnDemand in client side and server are different
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:54:43 GMT
Hi,

Default value of loadColumnFamiliesOnDemand in Scan is false. But in the server side its true
by default.
So even if we don't set any value to the scan, from server side we are setting it to true.
So getting inconsistent results in some of our test cases.
{code}
        boolean isLoadingCfsOnDemandSet = protoScan.hasLoadColumnFamiliesOnDemand();
        Scan scan = ProtobufUtil.toScan(protoScan);
        // if the request doesn't set this, get the default region setting.
        if (!isLoadingCfsOnDemandSet) {
          scan.setLoadColumnFamiliesOnDemand(region.isLoadingCfsOnDemandDefault());
        }
{code}

In region initialization default value is true.
this.isLoadingCfsOnDemandDefault = conf.getBoolean(LOAD_CFS_ON_DEMAND_CONFIG_KEY, true);

It looks like a bug. Both should be same right?