hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DISCUSSION: Move to GIT?
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 18:42:00 GMT
> I'd suggest we maintain the same commit style (straight line rebased
commits per release branch, branches off trunk for major features) after
the move to git as opposed to the github style (lots of branch/merges).

+1 to that as well. Having multiple commits and merge commits per jira will
complicate commit log digging a lot. And we do not care about a patch's
individual history.

Will FB guys ok with this? How does this affect 0.89-fb branch.

Enis

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Sergey Shelukhin
<sergey@hortonworks.com>wrote:

> +1, also only use svn to commit
>

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Enis Söztutar <enis@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > +1000.
> >
> > Enis
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Jonathan Hsieh <jon@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > +1.  I've actually only used SVN to commit patches.
> > >
> > > I'd suggest we maintain the same commit style (straight line rebased
> > > commits per release branch, branches off trunk for major features)
> after
> > > the move to git as opposed to the github style (lots of branch/merges).
> > >
> > > Jon.

> > > jesse.k.yates@gmail.com

> > suggested

> committer