hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HEADSUP: Working on new 0.96.0RC
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 03:08:00 GMT
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Enis Söztutar <enis@apache.org> wrote:

> > Anyways, if you fellas can't wait anymore, just say and we'll figure out
> something.
> As I see it, HBASE-9563 is committed,


It is still open and committed with qualification "Stack:...Was going to
try this first but likely needs more..."  and "Elliott: +1 I think it's an
improvement even if it doesn't 100% fix the master issue."



> and HBASE-9696 is not a blocker
> against 0.96. But if you argue that 9696 is indeed a blocker, let's raise
> it as such.



Agree.



> There is no point in creating an RC, an immediately sinking it
> if we cannot verify the RC for a +1. We don't run into data loss issues
> anymore which is why I still think we can release 0.96 even without 9696
> and 9724. Nothing is preventing us to release 0.96.1, with this and more
> fixes in let's say a couple of weeks or months.
>
> I guess let's wait for tomorrow to see whether there is any progress on
> 9563 and 9696.
>

Yes.  Lets take this up tomorrow.  Elliott and I are on the master issue,
HBASE-9563, this evening.

Thanks Enis,
St.Ack

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message