hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vladrodio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scanner with explicit columns list is very slow
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 21:03:17 GMT
I modified tests:

Now I created table with one CF and 5 columns: CQ1,..,CQ5

1. Scan.addColumn(CF, CQ1);
    Scan.addColumn(CF, CQ3);

2. Scan.addFamily(CF);

Scan performance from block cache:

1.  400K rows per sec
2.  1.6M rows per sec

The explicit columns scan performance  is even worse in this case. It is
much faster to scan the WHOLE rows and filter columns later in a Filter,
than specify columns directly in a Scan.

Definitely needs to be explained/investigated.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Vladimir Rodionov <vrodionov@carrieriq.com