hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Default hadoop version for 0.94?
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 18:09:30 GMT
So this is a resounding: "Maybe"? :)

I think we should change the default. HBase should be built from source for a specific version
of Hadoop anyway.

Ted said +1.

Any other opinions?

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org>
To: dev <dev@hbase.apache.org>; lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 9, 2013 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: Default hadoop version for 0.94?

That's on my roadmap, but lacking some time for that ;) I bought a new cluster where I will
install Hadoop 1.2.1 or 2.x and replicate my current cluster to it, but still need some time
to do that :(

But the issue is not just me. Me, I can deal with that. But maybe others might be in the same
situation?

That's what I was trying to find out :)