hbase-dev mailing list archives

From hardik doshi <kool_har...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Temp directory permission issue in LoadIncrementalHFiles
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 16:03:26 GMT
Adding dev@hbase.

 From: hardik doshi <kool_hardik@yahoo.com>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 4:31 PM
Subject: Temp directory permission issue in LoadIncrementalHFiles

We're using LoadIncrementalHFiles.doBulkLoad to upload HFiles to an hbase table in bulk programmatically.
But at times, the HFiles are too big to fit in a single region. So, the doBulkLoad method
splits and stores the parts
in a _tmp directory. This _tmp directory has 755 as permission and because of it, when actual
starts we get an exception since the hbase user do not have permission to move this _tmp directory.

org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=hbase, access=WRITE,

We do set fs.permissions.umask-mode to 000 at the start of the job. (Which I believe has no

I understand that this the same problem described in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8495

I was wondering if there's any work around that i can use before the HBASE-8495 gets fixed.