hbase-dev mailing list archives

From tsuna <tsuna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st hbase 0.94.12 release candidate is available for download
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 07:09:45 GMT
I upgraded HBase at Arista to 0.94.12 RC1 and noticed the following in
the RS logs:

2013-09-17 00:00:21,049 WARN org.apache.hadoop.ipc.HBaseServer: IPC
Server listener on 60586: readAndProcess threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException. Count of bytes read: 0
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Connection.readAndProcess(HBaseServer.java:1178)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Listener.doRead(HBaseServer.java:748)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Listener$Reader.doRunLoop(HBaseServer.java:539)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Listener$Reader.run(HBaseServer.java:514)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

I think this was while one of the TSDs was unhappy that HBase had gone
away from under its feet, but I'm not sure it should trigger an NPE
there.  It only occurred once.

But other than this possibly cosmetic issue, everything is running
fine, with TSD sending 5k QPS and with reads that are much faster now
that HBASE-9428 is fixed.

Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure

View raw message