hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject [VOTE] The 3rd hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 04:39:57 GMT
hbase-0.96.0 will be our next major release.  It is intended to supplant
the 0.94.x series.

hbase-0.96.0RC2 is our third hbase-0.96.0 release candidate.

The signed tarballs are available here:

Note that hbase-0.96.0 comes in two flavors; a build that includes and runs
on hadoop-1.x and another for hadoop-2.x.  You must chose the hbase that
suits your hadoop context.

Both sets of hbase artifacts, for hadoop1 and for hadoop2, are available in
this maven staging repo:

More than 2k issues [1] are attributed to this version (counting fixes done
against this and the 0.95.x developer series of releases).  More than 180
fixes have been committed since 0.95.2.  I will follow up w/ a synopsis of
the major changes (I know I said this about last few RC.... I still need to
go through all issues... but I've made a start).

Please take it for a spin.  We are interested in any issues found but in
particular, we would appreciate feedback on how well the migration of a
0.94.x dataset to run under 0.96.0 works [2].

Should this candidate become hbase-0.96.0?  Please vote +/-1 by September

2. http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#upgrade0.96