hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 20:45:45 GMT
I've filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9477 as a
blocker and should get to it today or tomorrow.

Seems like ycsb and hive depend on these calls quite a bit.

Some of the hive guys also said that the removal of Writable from
Result/Get/Put resulting in some annoying work to reinterpret those in hive
jobs.  It was suggested that we restore those methods but have them
interpret the protobuf format instead of the old writable format.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera