hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: (HBASE-5261)HBase 0.94 cerification for JDK7
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 00:35:47 GMT
We (Salesforce) are using HBase with JDK7. No issues seen so far.

0.94 is not "officially certified" to work on JDK7 (we have no JDK7 jenkins, etc).

It might be good to setup a JDK7 jenkins for 0.94. Any objections to doing that?

-- Lars

----- Original Message -----
From: anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 3, 2013 4:26 PM
Subject: (HBASE-5261)HBase 0.94 cerification for JDK7

Hi All,

We are thinking of running HBase(we have JVM heaps larger than 25 GB) with
JDK7 to use G1 garbage collection, but as a precaution we would like HBase
to be certified with JDK7. I see this ticket for same:
Above havent had any activity from November, 2012. Are there any timelines
to certify HBase 0.94 with JDK7?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta