hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Elliott Clark <ecl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bulkloading impacts to block locality (0.94.6)
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 05:11:22 GMT
On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:
> For example we could add an RPC to the regionserver and have the regionserver who would
own the region copy the appropriate part of the file (then the data would be local). Or even
simpler, instead of actually copying the files we could just copy in the reference files and
let the usual compactions take care of the reference files.

That will already be taken care of in trunk.  The favored nodes will
assign preference to data nodes.  Then since we queue compactions for
anything with reference files everything should be created on the
local server and two others.  Then if the balancer needs to it should
have two other targets where most things are data local.