hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Is DynamicClassLoader necessary for client applications?
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 06:09:04 GMT
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk@gmail.com> wrote:

> What say you? Is this a documentation issue, or should be attempt to
> disentangle the DynamicClassLoader from client-side use?

Sounds like undoing client requiring write access on hbase.local.dir would
be what we want but what do we gain if we go to the trouble distinguishing
true clients from clients used by hbase servers internally (even for
clients used internally by servers, why would we want these fellas doing
dynamic loading out of an hbase.local.dir)?

Thanks Nick,
St.Ack