hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 21:17:51 GMT
I'd really like to get the api clean up (get KeyValue out of the
InterfaceAudience.public API).   If this doesn't get into 0.96 it will
likely have a hard time getting into 0.98 for compatibility reasons. If we
can get the exposed api-level stuff in it will potentially allow us to push
more interesting things, and let us cull more code in minor release after
0.96.0

There are a lot of changes (mostly KeyValue -> Cell conversions), but  *all
of them* are semantics preserving.

A bunch of this has been on HBASE-9245 and some incremental work are on sub
issue HBASE-9334 and HBASE-9247.  I'm in the progress of removing the other
public KV instances (no issue yet) and will also do a pass to preserve as
much compatibility as possible.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)