hbase-dev mailing list archives

From ramkrishna vasudevan <ramkrishna.s.vasude...@gmail.com>
Subject Having different codecs between Client and Server
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 20:04:01 GMT
Hi

Currently in the RPC client we can configure the codec but the same codec
would apply to the client and the server.

If we could configure a different codec for the server to client
communication it could help us in some cases.

For example, if we need to remove the tags from sending it to the client
then having a new KV Codec on the server side would help to remove the tags
before sending it to the client for security usecases.

So when we move to Cells later this type of selecting codecs would would
really be useful.

Am i missing something here? Thoughts on this?

Regards
Ram