hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thinking about 0.98
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 23:07:49 GMT
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> It could come in then but would rather have it just come out in 0.98 since
> it'll be a week -- maybe two (smile) -- behind 0.96?

True, it's kind of an academic exercise if 0.96 and 0.98 are on top of each
other, could still be useful for proving our compatibility story. I was
thinking early October for starting the 0.98.0 RC, so that's six weeks
only. Could stick to that. Could push it out more. What's been discussed to
land in 0.98 so far is tags / HFileV3, Jon's API improvements, and group
placement. What else?

--
Best regards,

   - Andy