hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:55:23 GMT
I don't think we should release what is scheduled to be 0.96 as 1.0.0,
since I think we should give the new features time for one more release to
bake. There are some features that were not tested at scale. I think we can
do 0.96, and mark later releases of 0.96.x to be 1.0.0.

For HFile v3, I would not object to bring this in for later releases of
0.96.x if we cannot do timely releases. Ideally, we should continue on the
major release train, and have 0.98/1.1.0 (or whatever is next) in 3-4
months or so. Then we won't have non-ending discussions of backporting and
all.

Enis