hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Bing Jiang <jiangbinglo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 【region compaction check key-bound or not】
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 00:40:10 GMT
Thanks,Sergey.
These days, I want to move a table from one hbase cluster to another hbase
cluster, and there are the same table's schema.
So I want to move a region's storefile to another table's region
corresponding directory, and the key bound of regions are overlapped.
For example:
Cluster   |  Table | Region's key bound
cluster1  |  dat    |  [1ffff,2ffff]
cluster2  |  dat    |  [2bfff,31fff]

In my opinion , if region files in cluster2 are move into cluster1's
regions, and make compaction(Minor && Major) upon the first region, it will
prune the improper key in (2ffff,31fff].
However I found hbase compaction cannot support that.

Any idea would be thankful.

--
Bing Jiang
Tel:(86)134-2619-1361