hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] The 1st hbase 0.94.9 release candidate is available for download
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 18:22:11 GMT
Yup:

Running org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.TestRegionObserverScannerOpenHook
Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 22.756 sec

Have you looked at the log to see on what error it fails?

J-D

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
<jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:
> JD, does TestRegionObserverScannerOpenHook work for you?
>
> I will retry to run it again on 3 different computers to see.
>
> JM
>
> 2013/7/1 lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org>:
>> Hah. I let Cody answer here. I didn't like the empty table either, but he preferred
it.

>> -- Lars
>>

>> ________________________________

RC is comparatively small with 26 issues resolved against it:
>>>     [HBASE-8453] - TestImportExport failing again due to configuration issues
>>>     [HBASE-8494] - TestRemoteAdmin#testClusterStatus should not assume 'requests'
does not change
>>>     [HBASE-8522] - Archived hfiles and old hlogs may be deleted immediately by
HFileCleaner, LogCleaner in HMaster
>>>     [HBASE-8555] - FilterList correctness may be affected by random ordering
of sub-filter(list)
>>>     [HBASE-8590] - [0.94] BlockingMetaScannerVisitor should check for parent
meta entry while waiting for split daughter
>>>     [HBASE-8639] - Poor performance of htable#getscanner in multithreaded environment
due to DNS.getDefaultHost() being called in ScannerCallable#prepare()
>>>     [HBASE-8640] - ServerName in master may not initialize with the configured
ipc address of hbase.master.ipc.address
>>>     [HBASE-8655] - Backport to 94 - HBASE-8346(Prefetching .META. rows in case
only when useCache is set to true)
>>>     [HBASE-8656] - Rpc call may not be notified in SecureClient
>>>     [HBASE-8671] - Per-region WAL breaks CP backwards compatibility in 0.94 for
non-enabled case
>>>     [HBASE-8684] - Table Coprocessor can't access external HTable by default
>>>     [HBASE-8700] - IntegrationTestBigLinkedList can fail due to random number
collision
>>>     [HBASE-8724] - [0.94] ExportSnapshot should not use hbase.tmp.dir as a staging
dir on hdfs
>>>     [HBASE-8742] - HTableDescriptor Properties not preserved when cloning
>>>     [HBASE-8743] - upgrade hadoop-23 version to 0.23.7
>>>     [HBASE-8749] - Potential race condition between FSUtils.renameAndSetModifyTime()
and HFile/LogCleaner
>>>     [HBASE-8762] - Performance/operational penalty when calling HTable.get with
a list of one Get
>>>     [HBASE-8783] - RSSnapshotManager.ZKProcedureMemberRpcs may be initialized
with the wrong server name
>>>     [HBASE-5083] - Backup HMaster should have http infoport open with link to
the active master
>>>     [HBASE-8609] - Make the CopyTable support startRow, stopRow options
>>>     [HBASE-8636] - Backport KeyValue Codec to 0.94 (HBASE-7413)
>>>     [HBASE-8683] - Add major compaction support in CompactionTool
>>>     [HBASE-8692] - [AccessController] Restrict HTableDescriptor enumeration
>>>     [HBASE-8702] - Make WALEditCodec pluggable
>>>     [HBASE-8504] - HTable.getRegionsInRange() should provide a non-cached API
>>>     [HBASE-8603] - Backport HBASE-6921 to 0.94
>>>
>>> The full list of changes is also available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12324431
>>>
>>> Please try out the RC, check out the doc, take it for a spin, etc, and vote +1/-1
by July 2nd on whether we should release this as 0.94.9.