hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 04:47:22 GMT
On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:

> I ran test suite using
> https://github.com/francisliu/hbase_namespace/tree/core_8408_rebase_1 last
> week and got several test failures.
> See tail of this email.

So, the namespaces branch which is based off an older version of trunk has
some failing tests in it?  Was it namespaces that caused the failures?  Did
you look?

The set of tests posted look to belong to tests that have had work
subsequently done on them to make them more reliable in trunk.  Others have
been turned off in trunk and 0.95 because they were flakey: e.g.
TestRSKilledWhenMasterInitializing.

The above observation would therefore add zero to this discussion?

> I think namespace feature still needs some polishing. Francis and people
> interested in this feature can continue to work on the git branch so that
> all major issues (including migration) are ironed out.

Did you review the patch?

The ns branch comes in now or not at all because it redoes the fs layout.
 It can't come in at a later time as you suggest above.

St.Ack