hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: DISCUSS : HFile V3 proposal for tags in 0.96
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 23:31:11 GMT
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Elliott Clark <eclark@apache.org> wrote:
> > That should mean that it's possible to make this change in a later
> version
> > without holding up 0.96.
> >
> Will this hold up 0.96? What would you suggest we do, besides making a
> patch available for review along with test results, which is in the works.
> As you say this work can co-exist perfectly well with all code in 0.96
> without interference with it. (Although it is reasonable to be skeptical of
> my claims until viewing a patch.)
0.96 is way too late already.  I am shooting for end of July as cut-off
point when I intend rolling a 0.95.2 RC.  I do not want to take on new
features after 0.95.2.

What I would suggest you fellows do is given you have enough votes and
reviewers between you, then I would drive hard at getting the needed core
and any api breaking changes committed over the next week or two so you
have these in before the gate comes down.  Perhaps the new file format will
make it in in time but I do not think we should hold up 0.96 till it is
baked; it can come in post 0.96 especially if it is all additions and not
core amendments.

Is there a design we can be checking out meantime?


  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message