hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:26:41 GMT
On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 8:16 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>
> > In the patch, it looks to me that v3 is not a true new type but just an
> h2
> > w/ tags shoehorned in.  Going forward v3 will not be extensible as done.
> >

> I think that's a case of only extending what is needed at this time. More
> V2 classes can be subclassed or replaced as required?

It looks like methods are being overloaded to add tags.  Overloading to add
mvcc was ugly.  Tag-effort is compounding this approach.

I'd have thought a v3 would do tags, mvcc, etc., natively.

Main objection is that the included v3 is not a 'green field'/redo so lets
not call it that (My objection is the nomenclature -- if you have to do the
overloads to get in your tags, go for it).

St.Ack