hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Povey <...@maana.io>
Subject Error with hbase shell when building trunk or 0.95 against hadoop 2
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2013 17:42:38 GMT
hbase shell
LoadError: no such file to load -- hbase
  require at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1062
   (root) at /Users/rob/hbase-local/bin/hirb.rb:100

This is probably a configuration issue, I'm trying to get the code base built and functional.

I compiled with

 mvn -Dhadoop.profile=2.0 -DskipTests clean package

I'm running (or at least trying to run) in pseudo distributed mode.

As far as I can tell hbase is running, I can see the web interface at http://localhost:60010/master-status.

line 100 in the hire.rb file is just doing

require 'hbase'

I assume the issue is that jruby is not finding the hbase extensions, but I'm unfamiliar with
ruby and I'm unclear where they are located and how jruby is supposed to be finding them.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Rob