hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Smarter Region assignment policy?
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:55:56 GMT
I faintly remember there was a jira that attempted to assign the regions to the same region
servers after a restart based on existing .META. information (if possible).
Will try to find that and see why it is not working as expected.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Vladimir Rodionov <vrodionov@carrieriq.com>
To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 11:43 AM
Subject: RE: Smarter Region assignment policy?

Yes, its related but not what I am looking for.

Locality index is approaching to 100% after major compaction of all tables. Its often >
90% during regular operation of a cluster,
but is far below 50% when cluster restarts. Can assignment manager take into account previous
region assignments on
node/cluster start up? That is what I am looking for. How hard is to implement this feature?

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com