hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Seth Yang <accounts.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception while using HBase trunk with hadoop - 2.0.3
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 06:58:58 GMT
Ted Yu <yuzhihong@...> writes:

> Ram:
> Here is what we have in pom.xml:
>     <hadoop-two.version>2.0.2-alpha</hadoop-two.version>
>
> You can try the patch from HBASE-7904 and rebuild your HBase tar ball.
>
> Cheers
>
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 8:56 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@...> wrote:
>
> > This indicates that the hadoop 2.0 HBase got built with lags the binary
> > running as Namenode.
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> > On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 8:42 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
> > ramkrishna.s.vasudevan@...> wrote:
> >
> >> During this time NN says
> >>
> >> Incorrect header or version mismatch from 127.0.0.1:34789 got version 7
> >> expected version 8
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Ram

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.jav
a:202)

)

.java:25)

org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocati
onHandler.java:164)

org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHand
ler.java:83)

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.setSafe
Mode(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:514)

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.setSafeMode(DistributedFileSyst
em.java:660)
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.isInSafeMode(FSUtils.java:261)
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.waitOnSafeMode(FSUtils.java:650)

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.checkRootDir(MasterFileSyste
m.java:389)

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.createInitialFileSystemLayou
t(MasterFileSystem.java:147)

> >> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.<init>
(MasterFileSystem.java:131)

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.finishInitialization(HMaster.java:654
)
Message

com.google.protobuf.UninitializedMessageException.asInvalidProtocolBufferExc
eption(UninitializedMessageException.java:81)

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.protobuf.RpcPayloadHeaderProtos$RpcResponseHeaderProto
$Builder.buildParsed(RpcPayloadHeaderProtos.java:1094)

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.protobuf.RpcPayloadHeaderProtos$RpcResponseHeaderProto
$Builder.access$1300(RpcPayloadHeaderProtos.java:1028)

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.protobuf.RpcPayloadHeaderProtos$RpcResponseHeaderProto
.parseDelimitedFrom(RpcPayloadHeaderProtos.java:986)

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.receiveResponse(Client.java:886)

> >> not

Hi Ted,

I was blocked by seemingly the same issue, however there was not enough
information for me to solve the problem. Wonder if you can kindly enlighten
me on this?

I was using Hbase 0.94.7 and HDFS 2.0.3-alpha. My error logs matched that
Ram mentioned.

I followed your hints and tried the adding that <hadoop-two>... line to my
pom.xlm, and recompile, however the problem doesn't go away from my new
bits.

I tried to apply your mentioned patch but don't know here to start.

Wonder if you can enlighten me how to apply to patch, or where else I can
try with?

Thanks.

Seth