hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Joarder KAMAL <joard...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding a new region server or splitting an old region in a Hash-partitioned HBase Data Store
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 23:24:21 GMT
May be a simple question to answer for the experienced HBase users and

If I use hash partitioning to evenly distribute write workloads into my
region servers and later add a new region server to scale or split an
existing region, then do I need to change my hash function and re-shuffle
all the existing data in between all the region servers (old and new)? Or,
is there any better solution for this? Any guidance would be very much

Thanks in advance.

Joarder Kamal