hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Liu <tof...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Namespace Delimiter
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 23:03:45 GMT
Sounds like I should give the auto-generate approach a try.

In essence it'll do the following:

- Tables without '.' will be moved into the default namespace.
- Tables with '.' will be move into new namespaces
	- namespaces will be delimited by the last '.' in the table name
		ie org.apache.hbase.MyTable, namespace = org.apache.hbase
- In both cases the oldTableName is the same as the fullTableName
- all existing apis and cli commands will be expecting full table names unless explicitly
stated
- a RenameTable tool will be provided to rename offline tables

Let me know if any clarification is needed.

-Francis