hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Describing your patches, writing release notes, a year later
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 00:17:06 GMT
Hi Ted,

I will log a JIRA with an empty description if it is a subtask and the
title makes it obvious. Then comments with status updates. Those JIRAs are
like a to do list. On the other hand for new features I will write up a
detailed description plus a design document. Is there a difference between
those two situations or do you advocate something different for the former?
That's fine, but if so, then what exactly should I do differently? Maybe
like:

    Title: "[Feature] Subtask"

J-D?

I try to exercise good judgement. If you can point out specific examples
that should be done differently in your opinion and what should be done
differently, that would be great.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy