hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Liochon <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject trunk vs. precommit dev env
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 15:29:05 GMT
Hi,

It took me ages, but I found the difference between trunk and precommit
builds.
Precommits are executed on hadoop* machines. There is a single build at a
time.
Trunks are executed on ubuntu* machines. There are two simultaneous builds.

For example, we have currently on ubuntu3:
ubuntu3 <https://builds.apache.org/computer/ubuntu3/> 1
 core-integration-testing-maven-3-jdk-1.6<https://builds.apache.org/job/core-integration-testing-maven-3-jdk-1.6/>
 #639<https://builds.apache.org/job/core-integration-testing-maven-3-jdk-1.6/639/>

2
 HBase-TRUNK <https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase-TRUNK/>
#4019<https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase-TRUNK/4019/>

I suppose we can have two hbase builds on the same machine.

Imho, that's why we have so many failures on trunk builds.

Two solutions:
 - Use hadoop* for trunk builds. That's the best option imho, they seem
cleaner then ubuntu* and less use.
- When building trunk, use a very low parallel test factor. May be 2.

Thoughts?
Does anyone know how to do this?

Nicolas