hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jimmy Xiang <jxi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Disable flaky tests, and let Jenkin stay blue?
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 17:09:28 GMT
We have not seen couple blue Jenkin builds for 0.95/trunk for quite some
time.  Because of this, sometimes we ignore the precommit build failures,
which could let some bugs (code or test) sneaked in.

I was wondering if it is time to disable all flaky tests and let Jenkin
stay blue.  We can maintain a list of tests disabled, and get them back
once they are fixed. For each disabled test, if someone wants to get it
back, please file a jira so that we don't duplicate the effort and work on
the same one.

As to how to define a test flaky, to me, if a test fails twice in the last
10/20 runs, then it is flaky, if there is no apparent env issue.

We have different Jenkins job for hadoop 1 and hadoop 2.  If a test is
flaky for either one, it is flaky.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Jimmy