hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase fixes in Maven Repo
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 20:47:12 GMT
Hi Varun,

Is this an official release of 0.94? Where's the announcement? What do you
mean "linked against hbase-commons"? I'm not seeing it on the repo [0]. Why
was this special point-release produced? Lars is the release manager for
0.94, why isn't he doing this?

In short, an OSS project teetering on the edge of 1.0 dropping an
"official" custom build is highly unusual. It is my opinion that further
explanation is necessary.

Thanks,
Nick

[0]: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/hbase/hbase/