hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Compile does not work against Hadoop-1.0.0 - 1.0.2
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 01:29:01 GMT
While trying with older Hadoop versions, I noticed that we do not compile
against hadoop versions older than 1.0.3.

I think the programmatic kerberos jaas configuration broke the compat:
The error is:

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class KerberosUtil
location: package org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util
cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable KerberosUtil
location: class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.JaasConfiguration

Should we fix this, or just document the case, and not work with older
hadoop versions than 1.0.3