hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Brady Zhong <bradyzhong2...@gmail.com>
Subject About distributed lock service in HBase
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 14:39:20 GMT
Hi all,

My name is Brady Zhong, a college student using HBase to develop our own
project. Currently I confronted with a problem. Since we need some kind of
high availability, we hope HBase can keep available even though the HMaster
goes down. Here're my questions:

1. Can HBase work during the node failure of HMaster? Can users write or
read the database before the switch and recovery of HMaster?
2. Why not use Zookeeper as distributed lock service for HBase, like Chubby
for Google Big Table?

Thanks very much for any help in advance.

Best regards,
Brady Zhong