hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The Jenkins VMs are increasingly slow / overloaded
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 00:34:31 GMT
This is the second time you have pointed out a non-problem with EC2
Jenkins. Please do some basic sanity checking first.

Also, you have not made any positive comments or contributions here, only
pointed out what you believe are problems with my volunteer effort here.
You may not intend it to be like this, but it comes across as criticism. I
don't expect any kind of "thank you" but this is more like "fuck you", so
please bear that in mind.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jbossis
> having problems.
>
> I will just wait for it to come back.
>
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ted,
> >
> > Why are you asking me this? Do you think this is a problem with EC2
> > Jenkins?  Did you check repository.jboss.org ? Does it work for you?
>  This
> > is what I get at
> >

> http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss/org/apache/apache/12/apache-12-site_en.xml
> >  :
> >
> > Service Temporarily Unavailable
> >
> > The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
> maintenance
> > downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
> > ------------------------------
> > Apache Server at repository.jboss.org Port 80
> >

> > On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Andy:
> > > Have you noticed the following from recent EC2 trunk builds ?
> > >
> > > cause : SiteToolException: The site descriptor cannot be resolved from
> > the
> > > repository: ArtifactResolutionException: Unable to locate site
> > descriptor:
> > > Could not transfer artifact org.apache:apache:xml:site_en:12 from/to
> > > repository.jboss.org (
> > > http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss/):
> Failed
> > > transfer file:
> > >

> http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss/org/apache/apache/12/apache-12-site_en.xml
> > > .
> > > Return code is: 503, ReasonPhrase:Service Temporarily Unavailable.
> > >   org.apache:apache:xml:12
> > >
> > > On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org

> > some
> > > legitimately