hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Bijieshan <bijies...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Shared ThreadPoolExecutor in HTable by default.
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 01:15:23 GMT
Use shared ThreadPoolExecutor will not always good, e.g. when we do metaScan or something else,
we don't expect any delay due to no available threads in this shared pool.
But that would always be a good practice for application-level.
It is individual opinion only:)

Jieshan
-----Original Message-----
From: elliott.neil.clark@gmail.com [mailto:elliott.neil.clark@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Elliott
Clark
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 6:45 AM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Shared ThreadPoolExecutor in HTable by default.

Is there any reason that the ThreadPoolExecutor used in HTable[1] couldn't
be a singleton. That would mean that by default htables share threads (as I
would argue is correct), but still give advanced users the ability to
override this using the  more explicit[2] constructor.

   1.
   https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/trunk/hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.java#L183
   2.
   https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/trunk/hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.java#L202