hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Performances Tests
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 18:44:12 GMT
Hi Ted,

I will try to build the trunk version and add it in the list....

So I have to:
- Re-download all HBase version to make sure PE is using the right one;
- Re-run the scanRange100 tests to validate the values already found;
- Add the trunk;
- Add LoadTestTool

Than will keep my free time buzy ;)

I keep you all posted as soon as it's done.

JM

2013/3/20 Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com>:
> I am curious to know how trunk stands in the performance comparison.
> There have been many optimizations going into trunk. Getting hold of
> overall improvement would be nice.
>
> Cheers
>
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 5:02 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lars,
>>
>> Can you share the code you are using so I can compate with PE? Also, I
>> will re-run all for my scanRange100 tests today and update the
>> spreadsheet again to make sure it's correct. Also also re-download all
>> the HBase versions to make sure they are all clean. I'm not doing any
>> configuration with them. Simply reducing the logs and tmp pointing to
>> memory file system.
>>
>> I will keep you posted when it's done.
>>
>> Hi Jonathan,
>>
>> It's usually rows per seconds, but with a factor 10. Sometime I had to
>> divide by 100000, sometime to multiply to get numbers bigger... I will
>> take a look at th formulas and add the legend for each of the charts.
>>
>> JM
>>
>> 2013/3/19 Jonathan Hsieh <jon@cloudera.com>:
>> > What is the y axis's unit?  seconds or operations per second etc?  (nit:
>> > would be nice to have on the axis.. )
>> >
>> > Based on the context, I believe it is ops/s.
>> >
>> > Jon.

>> http://www.spaggiari.org/media/blogs/hbase/pictures/performances-1.pdf?mtime=1363484477

>> went

>> from