hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] The 2nd hbase 0.94.6 release candidate is available for download
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 00:33:35 GMT
+1 overall for me.

I deployed 0.94.6RC1 on 8 nodes and everything seems to be working fine.

The only thing is a 1% negative impact on scans noticed on randomScan,
scanRange10, scanRange100 and scanRange1000. But not enough to vote -1
on this release.

I will soon add LoadTestTool on my procedures, but need to run it on
all 0.9x.x versions first...

I have documented the google spreadsheet accordingly.

JM

2013/3/8 lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org>:
> The 1st RC did not last long. The 2nd 0.94.6 RC is available for download at http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.6-rc1/

> 0.94.6 is a primarily a bug fix release. This RC has 41 issues resolved against it, contributed
by 26 individuals.
> These are mostly bug fixes. Don't be fooled by the comparatively small number of issues;
one of them is a giant back port of the HBase snapshots feature.

> The full list of changes is available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE/fixforversion/12323907
>
> Please try out the RC, check out the doc, take it for a spin, etc, and vote +1/-1 by
March 14th on whether we should release this as 0.94.6.