hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Performances Tests
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2013 16:47:42 GMT
@Lars: here is an example of what I use
for i in {1..10}; do echo; echo -n $i ; rm -rf /tmp/*;
bin/start-hbase.sh; sleep 60; bin/hbase
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation sequentialWrite 1;
bin/hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation --rows=100
filterScan 1; bin/stop-hbase.sh; done &>> output.txt

Giving only 1 as the readers allow to not launch the test as a MR. I
have not try the same tests with a bigger number, but I can.

@Andy: LoadTestTool is also on my list, but for YCSB it's a but harder
since I will need more than one dedicated computer. But I will look at
it too. I might be able to remove 1 node from my cluster and dedicate
it to the tests when required...

I will be pretty buzy next week, but before next week-end I will try
to prepare the LoadTestTool scripts to run something similar. With
multiple scenarios, like with and whithout bloom, etc.

If yu have any recommandation/request, feel free! I will come back
soon with some additionnal numbers.

JM