hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to replace MetaUtils.ScannerListener?
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 21:40:54 GMT
The problem around current META scanning is that there is more than one way
to do these, and the META layout is exposed. We should refrain from
exposing the META details.
AFAIK, these do the same thing:
 MetaReader.Visitor
 MetaScanner.MetaScannerVisitor, and
 MetaUtils.ScannerListener

More concerning is that the code for managing META is spread over
MetaEditor, MetaReader, MetaScanner, MetaUtils, HRegionInfo (and maybe
more). There are a couple of issues to rework these interfaces, but I did
not get the chance to work on those.

Enis