hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weekend Reading : Table Locks
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 03:47:50 GMT
bq. master operations acquiring locks for every region, and region splits
acquiring the region lock for their region

Can you elaborate how the above conclusion was drawn ? Looks like region
split is not categorized as master operation.
To my knowledge, region split requires coordination on master side.

It would be nice if you can document how you tested this feature in the pdf.

Cheers