hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Matteo Bertozzi <theo.berto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reason to do major compaction after split
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 23:36:35 GMT
sure having the hardlink support
(HDFS-3370<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3370>)
solve the HFileLink hack
but you still need to add extra metadata for splits (reference files)

also, if instead of files you think about handling blocks directly
you can end up doing more stuff, like a proper compaction that
require less I/O if N blocks are not changed, some crazy deduplication
on tables with same content & similar...