hbase-dev mailing list archives

From rajesh babu chintaguntla <chrajeshbab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: file system query support from hbase script.
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 19:09:11 GMT
Hi Jon, Thanks for reply.

bq.If this is the case, is there a
reason why you can't just use the hadoop script (which i believe calls
FsShell) in your scripts?
In case of stand alone cluster we can just use linux commands(hadoop script
also if present) other wise we can use hadoop script.
My intention is to just provide abstraction from local file system or hdfs
to query underneath file system in the same way from hbase bash shell by
using FsShell.(hadoop build may or may not present).