hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: New member: Trying to submit a patch
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 22:09:46 GMT
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Shivendra Singh <
shivendra.p.singh@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am a new member of the group.
> I have a patch which compiles fine with the uni tests disabled, but with
> the tests enabled I am getting, following error:
> testNodeHealthChore(org.**apache.hadoop.hbase.**TestNodeHealthCheckChore)
> Time elapsed: 0.03 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> java.lang.AssertionError: Stoppable must have been stopped.
>
> Please help me get started. Also, please share any useful guidelines for
> debugging such issues.

First welcome.  Thanks for helping out.

Suggest you update.  I believe the failure above fixed by
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7951 work (least I hope so).

In general, if a test is failing and you do not think it because of your
patch, attach your patch anyway with a note about the failure you are
seeing and how you do not think it related.

Good luck Shivendra,
St.Ack