hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: On filing JIRAs for failed ASF Jenkins tests
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:43:36 GMT
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org>wrote:

> And if the JIRA is actually assigned to you, why not just hold off on
> commenting until you've fixed the problem? That would improve the
> signal-to-noise ratio here a lot.

+1

I just read "The Information Diet" by Clay Johnson (Highly recommended).
 Following one suggestion by the author, I could add a filter to weed out
JIRAs edited by particular individuals but that doesn't seem the right
thing to do here.  Instead, with Andrew, I would suggest that folks take a
moment to ensure they are adding value when they add comment to JIRA or
respond to email.

"Content creation and publication are a critical part of literacy because
they help us to understand better what we say, both through the internal
reflection it takes to make our findings comprehensible to others, and
through the public feedback we got from putting our content in front of
others." (pg. 83)

A central finding of the book is that upping the overall density and
quality of exchange will make all of our lives better.

St.Ack